A research parasite, a destructo-critic, a second-stringer, and a methodological terrorist walk into a bar. Their collective skepticism creates a singularity, so they morph into a flairless superbug and start a blog just to make things worse for everyone.
This is, roughly, our origin story. Who are we? We are The 100% CI, bound by a shared passion for horrible puns and improving our inferences through scientific openness and meta science.
You know what I need in my life right now? Another blog on meta science!, said no one ever. Ok, sure, that’s fair, BUT:
- We are 4 Germans, which approximates 1 Gelman according to our calculationsAnalysis scripts are available upon request.If you request them, we will not respond to your emails for several months. Also a grad student
- We will be blogging about other stuff. This week alone we will have posts on
- Strategies to make people feel welcome in academia (Julia)
- Reproducible websites (Ruben)
- Requesting data during peer review (Malte & Anne)
- EEG infant research on biological motion perception (Anne)
- All our kitten pics are organically sourced and come with appropriate author citation.
- We have the best meta science. It’s great. Everybody loves our meta science.
- You literally have nothing better to do if you kept reading until this point.
So maybe give us a chance at least? We already paid the domain rent for the next 12 months. That probably wasn’t smart, but it’s who we are.
We are The 100% CI. Always confident. Sometimes credible.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||Analysis scripts are available upon request.|
|2.||↑||If you request them, we will not respond to your emails for several months. Also a grad student |